A blog is hard work. Anything you put out on the world wide web with your face and name on it can be daunting. There have been a number times I’ve been nervous about the reaction I would garner from a post or certain photos. Not only that, but grammatical mistakes can be the worst! Luckily, my mother calls me the day after I post an article to let me know I need to work on my spelling. But, through all the hard work, endless hours, and making the thesaurus my new best friend; creating a blog has been a very rewarding challenge.
My blog is focused primarily on my travels around the world. It’s focused not only my experiences but, on advice to help others create their own adventures abroad. Blogging is an especially rewarding experience when you realize other people (besides your mom) are reading and enjoying your blog and your writing. I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and that is a boost of confidence and motivation any writer is lucky to experience.
Thank you, Audrey a.k.a The Wandering Introvert, for nominating me for this award! She blogs about lifestyle and personal development and she keeps it real, her voice and style will make you want to keep reading and coming back! Make sure to check out her Pumpkin Bread!
My Answers to Audrey’s questions:
If you had an opportunity to have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
- Scott Fitzgerald, for the way he would describe what life was like in Paris in the 1920’s.
What was your inspiration behind your blog?
- When I moved to Thailand it first started out as a dairy mostly for myself to remember what life was like as a kindergarten teacher in Thailand and as a reassurance for my mom so she wouldn’t have to call me every day to make sure I was alive. When I moved to Spain and started traveling more and more, I realized I take a lot of photos. Like a lot. I started to feel really proud of all the planning and research I did before jetting off to a new location and thought I should format my photos and words into an online platform. Eventually, my frugal self-started to realize that I was using all the free storage on the site and I slowly started to give up. It wasn’t until my business partner and my amazing friend convinced me that my blog could become something and she motivated me to keep going.
How do you overcome writer’s block?
- If I am experiencing writer’s block, which happens more frequently than I would like, I normally I take a break. Close my computer, go to the gym, take my dog for a walk, or ill start a new topic. I am a big fan of throwing on some jams really loud and dance like no one is watching. Literally, it would be rather embarrassing if someone walked in. If none of that works and I come back to just staring at the screen, I strangely (don’t know why) will start reading and writing out loud in a British accent.
If you won a free and all expenses paid trip, where would you go?
- Galapagos Island.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
What is your biggest struggle when it comes to blogging?
- My biggest struggle is completing an article/post. I have like 60 drafts started and unfinished. Normally it takes me a few days to complete a post but I am always hesitant because I want it to be just right.
If you were given $1,000,000, what would you do with it?
- I would divide it. Part of it would go to my parents (I would pay off their mortgage and book them a vacation of a lifetime), I would buy my older sister a home, then pay for my little sister to finish school. I would put half of it into my savings and invest in stocks. Then I would use the rest to pay for me to go to school and get my masters. Then, take my friends and family on a vacation. The rest? I would donate to save an endangered species. (Can you tell I’ve thought about this before?)
What is your favorite book or series?
- Harry Potter, because I wish I had magical powers almost every day.
What was your favorite vacation?
- When my parents came to visit me in Madrid, and we went to Italy (Rome and Florence); it is an incredible feeling to watch my parents wander around some of my favorite cities and be excited about the same things that first made me excited about travel!
What is one tip you would give to blogger or aspiring bloggers?
- Don’t give up! There are so many times I wanted to, just stop. I put so much effort and time into it, and it is hard to see the end of the road. Hell, I still struggle with this daily.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award, these bloggers are part of my inspiration! (I apologize if you have been nominated before)
Here are my questions for you awesome peeps:
- How has traveling changed your life?
- Out of all the countries you’ve visited, which one was your favorite? Why?
- If you could live in any decade, which would it be and why?
- Who inspires you to travel?
- What are the top three items on your bucket list?
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
- What’s your favorite dinosaur?
- How did you start blogging and what motivated you to keep going?
- Have you ever visited a place that left you speechless? Where? Why?
- What are your biggest challenges you face with blogging?
Get silly, have fun! I would love to hear your answers so make sure you leave them in the comments or link me! And keep doing what you are doing, you are an inspiration to many out there!!