Prior to traveling to a new location – I tend to do a massive amount of research. Most just staring at photos and photos (thank you Pinterest for fueling my habit and never ending bucket list) and envision myself on the other side of the lens or about to devour the flavors of the city; although sadly I never actually make it to completely the bucket list; but I guess that means I always have an incentive to travel back.
Hence; my Cyprus Bucket List:
1) Rent a Car and learn how to drive on the opposite side of the road…successfully!
2) Find an abandoned (or near) beach
3) Try a Cyprus Kebab
4) Salt Lake of Larnaca (have a photoshoot on the Salt Lake –naturally)
5) Cross the border into Nicosia
6) Swim around Aphrodite Rock three times
legend says if you successful swim around the rock three times, you find true love ❤️
7) Visit the Tomb of Kings – find the stairway to heaven
8) Have an underwater photo shoot
9) Find a Cypriot cat
10) Cape Creco – near Ayia Napa
There were the things I was unable to do on my own Cyprus Bucket List but if you ever go I encourage you to make your own Cyprus Bucket List and add a few of these to yours! Take a photo and send it to me so I can live vicariously through you and be uber jealous.
- Ancient Odeon & Lighthouse
- Medieval Fort in the Paphos Harbor – the fort was built in the 13th century by the Frankish occupation, the dismantled in 1570 by the Venetians then rebuilt by the Ottomans in 1780.
- Saranta Kolones (which means Forty Columns – because of the large number of granite columns found throughout) remains of a Byzantine Castle built at the beginning of the 13th century.
- Drink wine in the Trodos Mountains
- Avakas Gorge
- Baths of Aphrodite
- Tzelefos Bridge – Paphos Area
- Waterfalls (Milomeri or Chantara)